Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!

Should I change my status of residence by marrying a Japanese woman?:結婚したら在留資格は変更するの?

The things you need to know before getting married


Q:Q:My status of residence is “Engineer / Humanities / International Services”.
I will marry a Japanese woman soon, do I need to change my status of residence?



If there is no change in work in Japan and you continue to do the same work, you can stay with the status of residence of “Engineer / Humanities / International Services” that you currently have.

After marrying Japanese, you can apply for a status change to the status of residence of “Spouse or Child of Japanese National”

Once switching to the status of residence to “Spouse or Child of Japanese National”, you have no restriction on working activities.





Related Links:
Step of international marriage procedures:国際結婚の手続き
Visa status procedure comes online in Japan. :在留資格手続きがオンライン化されます
Consultation/information services for foreign residents:全国エリア別・生活情報/相談窓口リンク集
Procedures for moving:引越しに必要な手続き


  • コメント ( 0 )

  • トラックバックは利用できません。

  1. この記事へのコメントはありません。